Saturday, February 6, 2016

Back to the Design Board

Some of my first thought ideas get nixed almost immediately.  This is one of them.  I talked about making a "No Y seam Tumbling Block" baby quilt in my last post.  I've changed my mind to a "Scrappy X's" baby quilt so I can use up some charm squares I have on hand which are already cut into 2.5" squares.   I am not doing this up to the instructions as I am not a fan of sewing triangles for the background squares and having too many seams.  The background will be white and cut into squares of 2.5" but sewn on the diagonal so that the X's are on point like they should be. 

Today I am just planning, cutting the background squares, and laying it out on my design board.  The only picture I can share with you so far is this...
I'll share more later when I start to sew the diagonal rows together.  Have a good sewing day!  ;o)

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...