Thursday, July 28, 2016

Bread-Making today

Today I'm taking a break from sewing and quilting.  My mother-in-law gave me her recipes years ago so that I could make my husband's favorites.  One of them is this bread loaf.  It has Finnish origins and flavors like Cardamom.  I find bread making rewarding and relaxing.  Before baking, the tops are brushed with egg wash and sprinkled with coarse sugar.  The recipe for Pulla can be found here.
My in-laws used to eat this bread with a little butter and a cup of coffee.  We have it for breakfast, topped with jam or as French toast, or with peanut butter.  It's one of our comfort foods.  So, I make a batch at least once a year and freeze the loaves.


Just a little inspiration.
Summer is starting to wind down and I'm going to miss these blooms.  Our temperatures are very hot in the daytime hours.  I will stay inside and do some evaluating and cleaning of my studio.  That will set me up to start the next project.  Have a great summery day.  ;o)



No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...