Sunday, November 28, 2010

White frosty day

We got hit with snow this afternoon which added to the covering we already had on the ground from 2 days before.  Children were out with their sleds, dogs had their little jackets on, and we headed to the Knitting and Stitching show here in Harrogate.  It was just wonderful.  I love this show more so than the Great British Quilting show.  The work presented was just amazing.  I have nothing to prove this to you as they do not allow pictures.   My DH and I had a great time and we didn't break the bank buying any unnecessary items.  I found 2 books on crocheting and a spool of invisible thread. 
When I was a teen, I learned how to crochet on my own and made several useful items like afghans, slippers, scarves and such.  My sister was in college and I wanted to make her something for her graduation, so I made a ripple crocheted afghan in her school's colors.  I believe she still has the afghan.  Now, I would like to learn more beautiful stitches for hats, scarves and even try making gloves. 
With the winter months ahead, I will have plenty of time indoors to try my skills and with the new books to help me it should be a breeze, at least I hope.

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...