Monday, October 29, 2018

UFO - Improv seeds

First off I have to thank my DH for purchasing this lovely Ottlite for my sewing room.  It's great to be able to have a bright light to see my work.

I started this improv about 2 years ago and it's been sitting in my UFO pile waiting to be machine quilted.  Today, I decided to get it out of the pile and finish it.  Since I don't really care too much how it is quilted, I just started with vertical lines and added a few spaces with swirls and pearls to practice. This is strictly a scrap quilt, as you can see, I wouldn't normally  choose these colors to go together.  I just pulled these randomly from my scrap bag, chopped them up and went to work sewing them together.  What I really like about this quilt is the scale of the "seeds".

 When I attended City and Guilds quilting course in the 1990's, my favorite artist at the time was Georgia O'Keefe and her enlarged flowers and landscapes.  I'm happy I have a finished UFO, but now I would like to explore more on the enlarged scale and see where that will take me.  I certainly have enough scraps to experiment with.


No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...