Friday, January 29, 2021

A Runner and a Loaf of Bread

 Working on another UFO today.  Maybe even finishing it.  I have it all laid out to hand sew/tack the edges to one another not in it's entirety.  It actually is sewn up to the final outer 2 - 3 rows.  


It's funny, seems quilt trends go in and out of style just like fashion.  I haven't seen a yo yo quilt (or a large or small project made with them) in years.   It will be all the rage soon, I have no doubt.  LOL This one is for my DS to use as a table runner in his living room.  He likes the Asian themed fabrics and colors.    I've had to make more to enlarge it, but they ended up to be a little smaller diameter.  However, it looks more interesting than all one size yo yo.  

This morning it was 29°F, but it feels colder than that.  Nothing warms me up like a good fresh homemade loaf of bread and homemade soup.  The whole house smells so good. 

The sun is making its way through the front windows, perfect place to sit and sew.   

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...