Thursday, May 12, 2022

Pack Rat


I realized one of my sewing room drawers holds countless needles.  Hand sewing needles.  I do some hand sewing, but this is ridiculous. There's another drawer with a big stash of sewing machine needles.  I found cross stitch needles...and I hate cross stitch.  It's time.  It's definitely time to do a clean out.  Every drawer I opened seemed to be brimming with "stuff".  Am I a pack rat?  That "one day, I'll need this" has never come.  It's not just needles, I've saved empty foil and plastic wrap rolls to wind bindings on and one drawer is full of paper I've made along with some I've painted and marbled.  So, it's time. 


I just finished this postcard and will mail it off soon.  I love it.  I hope the recipient will enjoy it.  Years ago I was doing a postcard series called "postcards from the edge".  They were meant to contain content of the places I've been and lived.  But also incorporating some techniques I wanted to try out on a small scale.  In the back of my mind, I want to return to this and pull out my journals to refer to.  Finding time is of course, one of the aspects.   Ideas still abound.  

 



No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...