Monday, April 28, 2014

April Showers Bring May Flowers

We've had some wet cold days lately.  I am surprized the flowers don't just stay in the ground sometimes.  But, they are tougher than I am, as I snuggle in my favorite chair bundled up with my cup of tea close to hand.   The sun broke through the clouds overhead and the tulips responded.
 

 


One of the ladies at my Friday group mentioned that one of our members is still struggling with shaking her bronchial infection and has been home in bed for the last 5 weeks.  So, I went home and being inspired by my garden's tulips, I made this postcard for her.  It is paper pieced with scraps and measures 5"X7".    The middle layer is fusible stiff vilene interfacing, quilted clear monopoly thread and then you fuse on the backing fabric (white so you can use pigma pen to write your message and address) and using zigzag stitch and polyester thread, stitch the outside edges.  Really easy.

We as a Nation, tend to celebrate everyday and call it National _ _ _ day.   So, today being Blueberry pie day, I made a pie.   Blueberry just happens to be  my favorite.
A few years ago, I bought the lattice pie cutter along with a metal pie saver ring to go on top to prevent over browning.  I use these tools everytime I make a pie and love them. 
Next month, May 13th, we will celebrate Apple pie day.  Love that, too.  You can bet I will be making a pie.   ;o) 

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...