Monday, September 21, 2015

Catching Up after the move...

I finished 6 placemats in time for a luncheon here in my new house.  Ladies I hadn't seen in nearly 20 years came over to share stories, quilts, laughs and of course, food!
I also finished up my friend Julie's quilt top.  We had started this strip applique quilt about 4 years ago.  The pattern is from the book, "Tile Quilt Revival" by Carol Gilham Jones & Bobbi Finley. 
This pear shaped pin cushion I made with different samples of green fabrics I got from a friend.  It has a home on top of my design board. 

My Bernina decided to give me trouble, so I put its cover on and unplugged it for now.  I went out and bought a cheap Brother machine.  It's a good idea to have a back up anyway and this one is a decent machine that I will use from time to time.  It has already been put to use with over 1,000 stitches sewn.  The Bernina has nearly 3 Million on its counter in just over 2 years of use.  Maybe it decided it needed a break. 

Now, I am on to the next project.  It's a surprise for a dear friend I've had for over 34 years.  I will have to keep it a secret until later and will post about it when I send it to her.

Exploring our new surroundings and getting used to an entirely different climate.  My skin is extremely dry and cracked and we're not even into the winter months!  For now, I'm ready to do sketches for "the surprise".  Shh....

1 comment:

kathy98902 said...

Sandy, love you quilt tops! I've got the tile revival book on order. I agree it's good to have a back up machine.

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...