Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Finished

When my machine is not in use, I like to cover it to keep the dust off.  It came with a carry bag when I bought it, but I don't want to take it out of my sewing table and put it in the bag each time, so I came up with this cover/cozy.   It was an easy pattern, however, I had to alter the calculations just a bit on the instructions for the angled pieces in the spool and under the arm.  The back is the exact same as the front.  The embellishments include 2 black buttons for the knobs and 2 buttons sewn together on the very top so it's easy to pull off.   This is another one of my "fly by the seat of my pants" type projects.  I roughly sized up my machine by noting the height, length and width and chose the pieced sewing machine block that I found online at the fabshophop.com website.  This is a 12" finished size block, so I made 2, one for the front and one for the back.  I added the black strips to each side of the blocks to get to my length measurement.  The black and white diamond fabric for the gussett was measured according to the width measurement.  I sandwiched each section (front, back and gussett) with batting and backing and quilted each piece.  Then, I sewed the sections together and bound the edge with a black binding strip and finished with the embellishments.

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...