Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mug Mats

At the Superior Thread website, you can sign up for their Superior University that will teach you how you can use one different thread each month and make a small project.  I've signed up and have made the first project.  The thread is Razzle Dazzle 8wt metallic used for bobbin work.  The project was to make 4 mug mats. 
 
I found using this thread in the bobbin very easy.  The top thread is Bottom Line 60wt polyester.  After sewing around the sandwich and leaving an opening for turning right side out, I chose a free motion paper pattern flower and attached it to the underside so the Razzle Dazzle showed on the top.
I am quite pleased with the results.     
The next project is thread painting with Rainbows threads.


Again, no expectations or apprehension, just go for it and I have to say, I am pleased with these results.   The look of these threads are quite impressive.   I am convinced that these threads are a better choice for embroidery and quilting.  They have a sheen and vibrancy to them and they are very easy to sew with.   Next time we will be making a pincushion using King Tut egyptian cotton threads.    Check out the Superior Threads website and see the projects everyone has made in the program.  Click on University and show and tell.   So far, I've learned more about these threads and would use them again and again. 
 

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...