Sunday, January 3, 2016

Crocheted Socks and Leg Warmers

It's a fact that I have to keep my hands and mind busy.  Crocheting is a relaxing and fulfilling way to do just that.   It doesn't take long to complete a pair of simple socks like these I've made for my DH and DS.   I bought 2 balls of Sock-Ease yarn, one solid turquoise and the other is multi-colored.

These were made for DS using Sock Ease yarn

These were made for DH with Sock Ease yarn



I've also made leg warmers for myself.  I worked them in the round ; chain 28, slst in first chain and sc in back loop only for rows 1-4, now start hdc sizing it to your leg as you go.  Work as many rows as you need.  I wanted these to go to my knee, so they are quite tall.  To finish, sc in back loop only for the final 4 rows and tie off.  For these I used a different yarn; Wool-Ease made by Lion Brand.   I have rinsed them in hot water so that the dye in the yarn comes out and rinses clear.  I've blocked them and dryed them on a rack.   These were completed in a few hours. 

 
 
Next, maybe I will finish a wave afghan I started for my DH a few years ago.  Hahaha, I am on a  roll.  ;o)

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...