Tuesday, January 12, 2016

More Interest in Strippy Improv

Now it just got interesting.  My last 2 posts have been about making the strippy pieced blocks.  Today I've cut them into seed like shapes and added some strips to each edge.  I'm considering the background fabric now.  Not liking the gray idea as mentioned before as this brought the colors and feel way down almost depressing.  I want to keep it light, bright and happy looking. 


I'm thinking about adding pieces to each edge of the seed shapes to connect them into one piece and then possibly cutting into segments and resewing them together.  It's ongoing and slow, sorry I can't show you a finished top yet.  ;o)

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...