Saturday, January 9, 2016

More Strippy Improv

As predicted, it's been snowing for hours and hours without letting up.  I've been sewing strips and am quickly getting bored with it.  I took a break from sewing to shovel and returned to play around with these strips on my design board.   Here are two more strip pieced blocks to add to yesterday's blocks.  They aren't sewn to each other.


I'm at a point where my mind is trying to figure out the next steps and what I want the end project to look like.  I will add some neutral fabric and possibly cut some shapes from the strippy blocks.  Normally I would choose white or cream for a neutral, but after recently making a portrait quilt of my Dad (below), I want to try gray. 

We'll see how far I get today on it, there's no rush, sometimes when an idea pops into mind, the best results happen when I act on it.  ;o)

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...