Saturday, January 2, 2016

Another Baby Quilt

Babies love to see bright vibrant colors.  They are stimulated by the colors and reach out to feel the texture of the fabrics; this is their early learning phases.  For my friend who is due with a boy in April, I've decided to give a baby quilt with vibrant colors and soft texture.  I've done this bricks pattern by Kaffe Fassett before and really like the end result. It is a simple pattern of finished 2"X4" rectangles.  
 
I added a green border of 4 different strips and a batik green and yellow binding. This really toned the quilt down from being mostly blue/aqua colors to bring more of the greens out.  I think this rests the eye better and is more interesting. 
 

The reverse of this quilt is a cream colored flannel fabric.  The quilting was done on my home machine using a meandering free hand design. 
 
 
I just found out that my DH's nephew and his wife are expecting.  They had a baby nearly 2 years ago and I had made the Ugly Baby Quilt for them (below and here).
 
Since I love the bricks pattern as mentioned above, I may have to do this one again for their second baby.  Not an exact repeat, but close.  I will pour through my scrap bag and see what can be unearthed.   ;o)
 


No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...