Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Moving On

Ok, I've decided on the backgrounds and have pieced them together, placed the "seed" shapes where I wanted them and sewed them down.  The triangle shapes were left over from the seed shapes I cut.  These were also sewed down to the edges, squared up and pin basted.  Now the top is in the line-up for machine quilting.  

 
 I have to move on to other things.  I am a member of an internet group and will participate in a swap for next month.  The dimensions are 5"X7" which is the perfect size to try something new. 
I placed a foundation fabric roughly this size down on my table.  On top of this, I placed a piece of  misty fuse and started cutting small pieces at random over the fusible.  Covering the entire piece with snippets and placing a piece of paper over the top to protect my iron, I ironed the whole piece very carefully.  I had some scrap pieces of organza and placed that over the top and used monopoly thread and sewed the piece on top to hold together.  Now, using different color threads and different fiber threads, I sewed at random all over the corresponding color scraps.  Next, I took some black strips and sewed them over the top.  I will add a fusible pellon as my filler/batting and a plain white backing.  I want to zigzag the edges to finish the whole piece off.  It will be like the postcard quilts I've made before.
  But, I'm getting ahead of myself.  This is as far as I've gotten and it's pinned on my design wall.  I'm thinking more stitching is needed, then I will finish it off. 
 
 
At night when I'm too tired to sew, I like to crochet.  Right now I am working on a prayer shawl made with Lion Brand Amazing yarn.  It is a soft wool and acrylic blend yarn.  It's a colorful skein, but I am liking it so far.  ;o)
 

 
 

No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...